Monday, August 31, 2009

Rounding Out the Weekend

The Keaty visit wasn't only all about the fair (although when he woke up on Saturday morning and we asked him what we were going to go do, he said "fair!").


No, we did all sorts of fun kid-friendly activities. It was really fun for Nate and I to see this whole other side of the city. I must say I was impressed with the amount of fun free stuff there was to do. Well...at least enough to fill up one weekend. It gives me hope that there will be cool stuff to do when (IF) there are Hanson kidlets.


There was the SLP Splash Pad. I always hear my friends Summer and Marie chatting about this place! And it didn't disappoint. Sure it was probably only 60 degrees and there was no chance in hell of any of us getting in the water. Finn sure didn't care. Does this look like a kid that is cold?


We also checked out this crazy park called Chutes and Ladders that is made up of all sorts of crazy climbing/sliding/playing devices. Finn was interested enough in going up. Not so sure on the going down. So I took him down on my lap. In the meantime my fat ass smooshed my camera lens and busted it. Hence...no pictures.

And of course a weekend at the Hanson household wouldn't be complete without a bike ride. Nate secured a kid trailer, and all 5 of us were off. It was an absolutely gorgeous day and a super fun time. Imagine Nick on a bike. Imagine Becca on a bike. Now imagine all of us in a line with Finn squealing each of our names and us biking to catch up with Nate so Finn could see us.

Everytime that the Keaty's come and then leave it makes me want to move to Chicago. And I swear one of these times, they will pull out of our driveway and Nate and I will just leave with them. It could happen....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you all should move back to Viroqua...I'm sure I could get your old position back at the DQ...Nick, well, I bet I could get him in at the Agricenter, they could save money by selling their forklift and just let Nick at it..Nate, he could be the first male person to work at The Cheese Corner...see, its all set up...
dad

Anonymous said...

Did you sing the bicycle song by Floyd as you journeyed about?
Uncle Todd

Becca said...

Ahhhh! Dad! you are hilarious. but what about me?! What am I going to do? Clean your office still?

SUCH a fun weekend Greta and Nate. Thanks as always for showing us such a good time. Love you both.