Monday, August 10, 2009

Two Worlds Collide

This weekend one of my all-time favorite things happened: my family and friends (i.e. second family) were in the same place at the same time. Don't ask me why it is such a great thing for me because I guess I can't completely eloquently put it into words beyond all of the people I love in one place.

So that brings me to Katie and Ryan heading to Hayward to meet up wtih my parents. We were super excited to get Ryan up there because there are a lot of 'tall tales' being told and knew he would fit right in.

We did have some celebrating today since Katie's birthday is tomorrow (HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!) and my Mom delivered the perfect Martha Stewart chocolate cake with a special root beer schnapps twist. Look at this frosting: ridiculous.

Dad chipped in on the celebration by breaking out the Good Shit. It was Ryan's virgin voyage with the good shit, and he opted for a second glass. I am happy to report that we officially have found a human that can still 'normally' function after the 2nd glass.
Dad was the ultimate fishing guide taking Katie and I out for crappie fishing (de-tangling our 2+ snags on each other, getting us out of heartache and pulling out ALL stops to help Katie get a fish). He EVEN taught us both how to throw a muskie lure.

Of course, where Ryan goes some sort of hilarity will ensue...and he did not disappoint: Don't ask questions...and yes that is Nate's head back there.

Bottom line is: a good weekend was had by all. And by all I mean Nate and I since I guess I can't officially speak for everyone else. I'm sure the boys would have liked to have SEEN a muskie, but I heard from Nate there were some serious stories and tunes going so life couldn't have been too bad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a great time! Truly reminds me of all the vacations near Hayward. I spied some premium in a picture, quality hops, and I see Ryan got his first north woods prostate exam. Happy birthday Katie.
Uncle Todd

Nate Hanson said...

Happy Birthday KDWB!

Anonymous said...

It was fun fishing with the group....I think Katie has the potential to be a Top Notch Crappie girl..she just needs more water time!!! I'm sure Nate & Ryan have seen pictures of THE FISH,.....You never know when the Chip will cough up a good one....

Dad