Monday, August 17, 2009

Would You Play This Game?



The answer is: No, you wouldn't. Don't lie.


I mean seriously...just look at this box. It looks like something even Laura Ingells Wilder would find tiresome. Or like something that could have quite possible drove the Donner party to feed on one another as they trekked through the mountains in their covered wagons.


But alas, the old adage: "Don't judge a book by its cover" is true once again.
That's right. I have played this game. Twice.


And enjoyed it.
Immensely.


Oh yeah. There is wheat. There is brick. There is log. There are sheep. And there is rock. And you have to have it all to build up your settlement and win the game.


What other game could you hear the following conversation:
Nate: I know you want my wood.
Alex: You're right. Your'e wood would be extremely useful.
Nate: You could do amazing things with my giant supply of wood.


Yes. We are immature. But let's face it. Life is too short to not giggle over the silly stuff.
And so we play this ridiculously dorky, yet surprisingly and quite emabarassingly fun games.
And we laugh.
And life is good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have banished your hubby from WOW and this is a substitute? Don't take wood from broke back mountain unless you want to squeal like a pig...
Uncle Todd

Becca said...

Well there.
You've both gone and made my morning.
This post is great! I just downloaded Oregon Trail onto my iPhone this weekend. We are SO sisters. I love when people die of dyptheria...should i be admitting that? Anyway. Greta you're funny. Todd you're funny. Thanks for making me laugh. Love you both.

Scorpicon said...

What can I say? I needed his wood.

At least I didn't need any more sheep.

Anonymous said...

My early warning system for Ridgie alert is ringing loudly.....

Dad