Thursday, August 20, 2009

Drum Roll Please....

After three months of toiling, test-driving, debating and indecision, we have purchased a new car.

Don't be fooled. This is not our current car. It does in fact look quite similar to our old one. It is silver. It is a VW. And it is a Passat.


What can I say? We stick with what we know. Truth be told everytime we got done test-driving a different car, we would get back into our car and say "it just wasn't as good as our trusty old Passat."


So fast forward three months when we have the revelation to just buy another Passat, and found a great deal.


We are "happy." I say that with hesitation because I found a dent in it within 2 minutes of us getting home. I am going to sleep on it because we have 5 days to return it.....which I can't even fathom how you go about un-doing all of that paperwork we just sat through tonight. So we'll see.


But in the meantime, in honor of making it through 2 MN winters without heat in my car, I am going to drive around with the heat on just because I can.

6 comments:

Amy J said...

I like what I know too :)

Becca said...

WHAT!??! Another SILVER Passat?
I am so confused.At least get another COLOR?! Yeah, I know you got a good deal....
(The Prius owners are disappointed)
but we're glad you're happy! ;)

It's like mom and her new floors.
They're going to get dented....
I say keep it.
Or get a Prius! ;)

Anonymous said...

Heat? Heat! Geez growing up on the farm the tractors didn't have heaters. It was 20 below and you were stuck to the seat. That's the way it was and we liked it.
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

GOOD CHOICE!!! I'm sure you will enjoy the Heat in the Car this winter on your ventures home...:))!!

Scorpicon said...

There's nothing quite like the feel of a German engineered ride. Nice choice!

I'm going to go out and hug my Jetta later. ;-)

Anonymous said...

AND JUST WHAT WAS WRONG WITH TRYING OUT A 'RU ????? TOF