Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Weekend For Us

After many weekends with plans, parties,travel and more, Nate and I were happy to have a weekend just for the two of us. It was perfectly timed as we both had stressful weeks at work, among other things.

But that is why Nate and I are such a great team. I feel that we are so attuned to what the other person is going through and needs and we can provide that for each other. Adversity should think twice before knocking on our door because we will pretty much kick it into the next county. Well that might be a little presumptious, but on the whole I would say whatever life throws at us generally makes Nate and I much stronger as a couple.

Anyway, I digress.

Friday night we walked to a new drive-in that just went up (ironic I know) and had a great time day-dreaming about the manager hiring us on as consultants as to how to service the massive crowd of people better. I'm not kidding you when I tell you we waited about 45 minutes for a corn dog and hamburger that was a tier below Culvers. I realize that you don't go to this place for gourmet food, but then they can't take 8 years to get it out to you. It's either fast and mediocre or long and gourmet.

Saturday brought re-entry to THE FIRM for Nate and I after a few months off due to my bum leg and Nate's training. Unfortunately, the high-impact of Doug has to wait until my leg is better but we did get our ASSES KICKED by Snype during Muscle Conditioning. It is pretty painful today. Nate and I have been paper, rock, scissoring for who has to drive. THAT is how bad both of our arms hurt.

We also downloaded old school Mario Brothers 3 and BUBBLE BOBBLE onto the Wii last night and went to town. I thought of Luke and Paul the entire time because we always played Bubble Bobble when we were at their house. Becca--you are going to freak when you see it. It is exactly the same.

And today has been a blend of errands, soaking in the sun at the pool, tuning up a bike that Nate is building for me (and/or any guests that may want to ride when they visit), laundry, cooking and hanging outside.

This was our kind of summer weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great Chill-laxing weekend!!! Can't wait to see you this weekend! 5 days to Finn!!!

Scorpicon said...

I assume you're talking about Galaxy Drive-In? So sad to hear it wasn't very good. :-(