Wednesday, July 22, 2009

To all my iphone lovers

The longer I have my iPhone the more I love it.

Over the last year and a half I have accumulated a good amount of applications (apps..for those who aren't up on the lingo). But it has only been of recent that I am finding my way through the app store and uncovering hidden treasures.

I just downloaded Lyrics+. This app takes any song that is currently playing on your phone/i-pod portion of your phone and overlays the lyrics on your screen so you can sing along, prove you know the lyrics, etc. I am actually losing sleep at night because I am so obsessed with listening to all of my songs with the lyrics.

Barnes and Noble has a new app, and I'm not sure if I am actually impressed with the app itself or that there was a free coupon for a starbucks coffee, and you just had to go into a store and show the starbucks employee your screen and poof! free coffee. Brilliant.

Tic Tac Toe--a childhood favorite game of many people. Quite possible the most simplistic app and yet I am fixated on if I apply the same strategy of playing can I beat the computer every time. So far the answer is no...but I'm pretty sure I will crack the code.

I am thinking Costco needs an app, and maybe I should be the person to develop it for them. It would be all about the true cost savings, and you could compare their prices vs. your local grocer, Wal-mart, etc so you can see if you really are saving. Plus they could feature a ridiculous deal of the week or something. You heard it here first people.

7 comments:

Debra Fiterman said...

I could not agree more. I've had the iPhone since day 1 and the love just keeps growing. I have a game on it that I have mastered (Hanoi) and yet I play it all the time. Is that wrong?

Scorpicon said...

There is a strategy for tic-tac-toe that will always result in a win or cat's game (if the opponent is using the same strategy). I'd tell you, but I can't tell if you want to figure it out for yourself or not.

Anonymous said...

HEY IT'S A DAM PHONE! you are using it for anything but...either name it something else or wash the dishes with it. What ever happened to if you wanted to tell someone something you called them and spoke. Now it's IM, texting, sexting, fluttering, twittering, shmingilling and any other ing that can be done. Evolution is going to give you kids thumbs the size of golf balls and it will be called carpal thumbal.
Keeping it old school with a phone you have to dial...
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

Anyone want to lay down some serious green to when Old Dad here masters an I-Phone??? Better chance of me being the bottom man on the Wallenda pyramid....

dad

Anonymous said...

Growing up we had the redneck palm pilot. The "apps" we had were picking rock, planting and harvesting tobacco, stacking hay, cleaning pens, basically anything involving the "armstrong" method of hands on applications.
Uncle Todd

meghan said...

damn that lyrics app...we were really on to something. as for the costco app - i think it could be huge. I'm a pro at iphone apps- next time I'm in the cities we'll map the app...

Anonymous said...

These things should really be called ButtaFones. They seem to be used for anything but a phone...
Uncle Todd