Friday, July 3, 2009

Nigella Express: Episode 15

Who needs meat? Not us.
Nate and I decided to have a dinner made solely of delicious Nigella side dishes this week. To be fair, I am pretty sure Nate was still starving after this meal since it truly was two side dishes, one of which was entirely made out of a aqueous vegetable.


Yes, this week comprised of Warm Potato Salad....and Sweet and Sour Cucumber Salad.



Both were good, and would definitely make good side dishes at a family BBQ. I don't even like Potato Salad, so that is actually a rave review from me. This dish isn't like your typical mayo-ridden salad. You boil the potatoes, and then apply a mustard/vinegar mixture on top, stir in some fresh fried bacon and serve warm. The dressing is super light.


As for the S&S Cucumbers...do you like pickles? Then you will love this salad. Vinegar, dill, salt, and cucumbers...yum. It is basically a quick pickle dish. And it is making my mouth water thinking about it right now.
I am sure you can all tell Nate was CLEARLY not around for the photography portion of this meal. I got impatient...and it shows. It was much better than it looks...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll have a double order of the cucumber stuff.....sounds like a great side when your home next!!
Have a great 4th!
dad

Anonymous said...

Just remember, vegetarian is an old indian word for bad hunter.
Uncle Todd