Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Old Faithful

After a few more 'episodes', Nate and I decided it was time to take Lucy to the vet and get a professional opinion on whether our cat is going crazy or not.

Lucy=not a fan of the car. Which of course means a very long car ride (especially because we randomly have a vet in EXCELSIOR...), and a very ornery cat when we get to the vet.
Well, last night we had a new vet (who was amazing...much better than our last one that wanted to put Lucy under so she could clean her teeth..) and HE didn't believe Lucy was that old. He kept making statements like "She is living on borrowed time," "MAN, she has had a good run" and so on. I left confused as to if he was saying those things because she is sick and going to die soon or he was just so impressed with what her condition is.

The vet did bloodwork and we could hear Lucy crying behind the door. He came back in, looking quite surprised, and informed us that Lucy has some 'fight left in her, as she tried to get away from the needle.'


So turns out Lucy has...ANEMIA (what?!?). I am not kidding you when I say the vet looked completely shocked that it wasn't kidney disease. I am pretty sure he was already working on his "Your cat has kidney disease, here is the timetable" speech. So apparently Lucy is switching to the good life with wet food, and we'll see what happens from there.


Lucy lives...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is good news. Hopefully this will help the state of mind. This does help temper the inevitable which is yet to come, but know this, you kids are doing the best you can to make Lucys life the best it can be.
Uncle Todd

Scorpicon said...

Long Live Lucy!

Hope she improves soon. :-)

Anonymous said...

That is a great pic...You can read Lucy's mind really clear..Like WTF..She has (and still is) some kind of cat!!! Grandma Sherry has to be smiling down on Lucy and her great care givers!!!

dad

meghan said...

I already told you: your cat is haunted. whether it is the bunny from your garden or some crazy Indian burial ground that your house is built on, she is haunted. anemia was just some weird coincidence. tell lucy hi from one of her favorite humans!

Amy J said...

Dear Lucy,

You are the cat's meow.

Amy

Debra Fiterman said...

I think i have a problem. I have clicked on your blog like 17 times this morning. I just keep hoping for a new one. I think I am in serious need of a hobby.

Nate Hanson said...

D - I agree, for some reason I just felt like there was going to be an update today. I have checked multiple times too

Anonymous said...

YES...WHER IS THE UPDATE???..SHE LOOKS LIKE ONE PISSED OFF CAT!!! AND THAT'S GOOD...STILL SOME FIGHT THERE...WATCH THE WET FOOD...GO SLOW...OR YOU'LL GET A SURPRISE...AND EXPECTED THE LITTERBOX TO SMELL...WELL, NOT SO PRETTY!!!!..GOOD JOB ON HER CARE...YOU GUYS ARE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT..GRANDMA S IS HELPING TOO, I'D BET...TOF