Thursday, July 16, 2009

Nigella Express: Episode 16

Sweet sweet heavenly dessert. Why did we wait so long to make you? Maybe it was your weird name, or the blobular picture that I continued to pass by.

Either way, Eton Mess is my new favorite go-to summer dessert. How could it not be it is made up of my all-time favorite things:

Strawberries, Meringue's, and whipping cream. Seriously...that's it.
It is quite possibly the easiest dessert to make too.
Step 1: Cut up strawberries, steep them in a splash of POM juice and sugar.
Step 2: Make your home-made whip cream
Step 3: Crush up store-bought meringues.
Step 3 would clearly be optional for my mother who makes the most ridiculous meringes, but for the rest of us...store bought does the trick.
Nate and I are pulling this dessert out again for a BBQ we are hosting tomorrow night...that is how good it is. Twice in one week.
Nigella for the win.

4 comments:

Becca said...

Whoaaa.....
This looks tasty.
Makes me wish I was going to be in MN this weekend.
Tasty.

Anonymous said...

Yummo! Please email me more details on the strawberry steep in POM. Maybe this will be our Sat. nite dessert. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Please ship to Rockford and include some Premium for packing.
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

Nigella was on the today show demonstrating this recipe and I thought it looked incredible. Now that I know it's a tried, true and easy recipe I can't wait to make it. I might have to make it this weekend at the lake.
Jami