Friday, July 24, 2009

Nigella Express: Episode 17

Nate and I were flipping through Nigella last night and decided with all this talk of book club we should definitely give Nigella's Green Eggs and Ham recipe a whirl.

(As a side note, I must mention that Nate also had his FIRST book club meeting this week. It is a dude book club. I can't even imagine how different it probably is from ours. Oh to be a fly on the wall...)

Back to the food...I guess I never even took the time to think about what would make the eggs green. Turns out pesto is a great option.


To be fair this recipe should probably be names Green Crepe and Ham because as Nate pointed out there is more flour than egg but then it just wouldn't be that creative of a name now would it.
I thought they were delicious. Nate wasn't super keen on them UNTIL he tried one with warm ham. I tried to warn him that it seemed weird to eat it with cold ham...
And then he got snotty and one-upped me with an addition of swiss cheese, with the warm ham and green eggs. And I must admit it was pretty much incredible.
Another win for Nigella.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hot topic at the guys book club is making sure the staples dont end up blocking the fun naughty parts :)
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

Here's a suggestion of next months guy book club: Cold Front Muskies, by Joe Bucher....very interesting read with great illustrations. One will be caught up quickly in the nuances of what makes a musky tick when temps drop by 30 degrees in 24 hours, along with 30 MPH winds out of the north, of course!!!
dad