Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Bravery: Redefined

In the midst of making Valentine's for Tillie's classroom, I ran out of glue.
Yet, in the back of my mind, I KNOW there is a brand new thing of Elmer's Glue in hanging in the craft organizer in Tillie's closet.

But the problem is Tillie is SLEEPING.
And I know her closet door (which is a jammed shut door, not easily opened).

For most people, this is not that big of a problem. For me, this is a huge problem. I.Do.Not.Go.Into.Tillies.Room if she is sleeping. Nope. Not worth it.
So my options are to either wait and rush to get her Valentine's done tomorrow morning OR grow a pair of Mom balls and do it.

Nate's logic was pretty smart: in less than 2 months we are going to have another BABY in that room, so we may as well start going in there now.

So I did.

I got my glue.
I snuck a look at my baby girl snoozing.
The Valentine's are complete.

 I feel so rebellious. So brave. It was the biggest accomplishment of my day, which is either a sad commentary on my accomplishments at work, or a sad commentary on the successes I've had as a Mom to date.

Either way, I'll take it. And maybe, just maybe, I'll sneak into her room to catch a glimpse of her sucking her fingers with her little butt straight up in the air a little more often.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In a pinch you can use flour and water to make a pasty glue, some even add a pinch of salt.
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

Tillie knew you were there...you will pay...:))))

Dad

Lot 10 Linden Grove said...

WHOO! Seriously HUGE! To this day, even with all the noise in our house, I hold my breadth if I go into the kids rooms while they're sleeping. But mostly I wanted to let you know that I wish our kid's school celebrated Valentine's day. Pretty sure we're going to get another red "X" by our family's name b/c I sent him with Valentine's today. I think they're calling it "Friendship" day.

Anonymous said...

You are fearless at work so I am glad you are trying to be a little less fearful at home :) Can't wait to hear all about the fun day Tillie had including the dance! Love, Mom