Sunday, July 3, 2011

What They Say Is True

Well after 2 weeks of being a family of 3, I have come to one very strong conclusion:

What people tell you about not having any time to do anything once the newborn arrives is true.


It kills me that I haven't been able to blog more than once since the arrival of Matilda Mae. But between feeding, and pumping, and trying to sleep and trying to eat and feeding and pumping (did I mention feeding and pumping?), it seems like  a daunting task to blog.

And truth be told, I feel this immense pressure about the blog. I know people are waiting for pictures and stories about Matilda so there is peer pressure. And I want to be able to truly capture the feelings and emotions we have been going through since going into labor, and it just seems impossible right now.

So hang with me, please. I am cooking something up that I promise to get posted soon--just after the feeding and pumping and feeding and pumping.....

For now...hopefully this will tide you over. Matilda Mae hanging out on a quilt my Mom's cousin, Sharon made for her--enjoying her favorite pastime--sucking on her fingers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see a marketing opportunity here. Create the hands free pumper, then you can pump and blog. Instead of "some kids go - when the sit and spin". It can be "some folks blog- when they sit and pump".
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post. This will give me something to share at work until I get time to print some brag photos. Love to all, Mom

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!! I CAN SEE THIS ONE!!! JUST DIDN'T SCROLL FAR ENUF...AND YES, FEEDING AND PUMPING IS ALL IT'LL BE FOR AWHILE BUT YOU ARE UP TO THE TASK...LOOK AT IT THIS WAY...YOU KNOW WHERE TILLIE IS AAT!!!! WAIT UNTIL SHE'S 16!!!SHE'S A KEEPER...AND SO GIRLIE!!! TOF

Brochure Templates said...

First off, congratulations! You have a cute angel. And yes, it's really a daunting task to take care of the baby - the feeding and pumping! Haha. Sometimes you wouldn't have energy to lift your hands to eat or keep your eyes open.

But it's the best experience right?