Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Fourth!

Our first trek back to WI is complete. We headed home for the Fourth of July with Matilda in tow (along with a trunkload of baby paraphernalia). She did great on the ride and slept for most of the way. I think I was the one that was worse for wear worrying about her going to long without eating. But we survived! 

The weekend was eventful as we got to meet Finn and Leo for the first time, and hear all of the 'she is soo cute' from Finn. Leo provided his shrieks of approval.


We headed to La Farge (population 500ish) for a Fourth of July parade that I swear exists solely to throw candy out as the marching band was made up of approximately 8 people, and there were about a handful of floats that weren't just old cars, tractors or trucks. But it was true Americana...
 And Finn did me proud as he sprinted around collecting as much candy as possible (of which there was an "aunt candy" tax).... Look at this kid--he loves sugar.

Nick and Matilda had some quality bonding time as NIck helped keep Tillie's paci in...as her hands are in constant need to be by her face. I love the contrast of big vs small.....I think Nick's forearm is bigger than Tillie's stomach.
 We also celebrated Janet's birthday (which she graciously shares with America). What better way to celebrate than with grilled pizza's, s'mores and beer in the garage? Well...that and lots and lots of Aunt Janet snuggles with all 3 of the kidlets.

It was a great weekend. I held my breath the whole way home as I was sure Matilda was going to freak out in the car, but she didn't. That's not to say there wasn't a meltdown for milk the second we got home, but we made it. Another first done. Now we  need to work on the first plane ride! :)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a grand, fun packed weekend. I always love it when the fam is home. We had lots to celebrate. Anxious to see you again soon. Kisses to Tillie :) Grandma

Marna said...

Leo has changed so much! I thought he used to look so much like Finn, but now, not so much. Finn is a good big brother and older cousin. Fun years ahead. Great pictures! ME

Anonymous said...

Last time I was in LaFarge for the 4th I was a freshman in high school and hung over from being in Chaseburg the night before the hi-lite of the night being climbed very high in a tree with fireworks being shot at me after tangling with a jug of homemade dandelion wine. Uff da...
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

TODD..........I am shocked! Guess your eldest brother cut a wide enough path for you to barely stay on!! Nancy

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO UNCLE TTTTTTOOOOODDDD!!!