Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sell-Out

It's official. Nate and I are total sell-outs.

After months and months of rolling our eyes, and poo-pooing our friends comments about how FREAKIN great it is, we have become Costco members.


Now before keel over from absolute shock, know this:
  • I found an offer from The General where if you ordered your membership through this website, you got $40 worth of coupons, thus reducing the membership costs to $10 vs. $50.
  • I have decided for $10, I will use my year-long membership to do an in-depth investigative analysis on whether or not you can make your membership pay.


That's right. I am pretty sure 20/20 is going to call me up to do an expose on my findings at the end of the year.

Our first trip was really concentrated in the food section, specifically the produce that everyone RAVES about. Literally every conversation that I have at any sort of event or party leads to Costco...without fail.

And I have to admit, I am kind of starting to understand why. The produce is incredible. Huge containers of strawberries, blackberries, lettuce, carrots...for very reasonable prices. And it is some seriously quality stuff.

On the downside...their rotisserie chicken. YUCK. Nate and I were not fans, and will definitely get our from Cub in the future...good old Jennie O.

So that about sums it up...we are Costco members. I will keep you updated on any 'treasures' that we may find, and any of my big investigative findings. Try to contain your excitement. Here is our virgin receipt. Notice all of the great coupon savings....that's right.


BEST FIND: 100 Lawn/Yard bags for $14. Nate and I are pretty sure this is about equal to a 5 year supply for our dinky yard. NICE! The real trick is remembering where you put them in 2014.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE WEAK!!!!:))) I will be the last person in the Universe who does not have a cell phone. I will lead the revolution to ban all technology, except blogsites and GPS units on Ranger boats...

dad

Anonymous said...

Do they sell meat? Where ever you purchase meat from, if possible shop early morning. They price em down to move them because they have been on the shelf and after being rapped in plastic, lose the pink from lack of oxygen. Might even look brownish. Buy em, freeze em. They are actually a bit more tender then a fresh cut piece of meat, and cost less. Or go hunting with your car bumper for high speed beef.
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

I was just reading where Costco is going to the offical supplier for the upcoming WOW olympics. Clothing, action figures, gaming add ons etc. Nate, I think your wife has a nice suprise for you soon...
Uncle Todd