Monday, March 23, 2009

Nigella Express: Episode 8

This week we decided to make one of the more indulgent items in Nigella's book:
Totally Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies.

This worked well since we were going home and would have more mouths to help eat the cookies (although I still think I ate the majority of them).



We had one little consumer who especially enjoyed the treat. So much so that he got an entire cookie all to himself. And if you ask him who gave it to him he says "mama" so don't look at me.

Unfortunately, I had an epic camera fail or there would have been an awesome video of Finn crushing the cookie (in his mouth that his) but apparently I need some camera lessons.
If you are wondering if these cookies are good, the answer is yes. But don't take it from me...here is what FInnegan had to say about it.
(Scene set-up: About 30 minutes after consuming said cookies, Finn is running laps around the living room for a good 5 minutes. He pauses at my chair)
Greta: Finn, who is your best bud?
Finn: Cookie!
Finn: Again? Cookie! Again?
Finn takes off running in laps until he is out of breath and the sugar high has worn off. End Scene.

3 comments:

Nate Hanson said...

And here I thought it was only Nan who was effected by Chocolate at night... this kid was wired!

Anonymous said...

Finn gave that Cookie two thumbs up!! He would qualify for the kiddie Olympics as a half miler....

dad

Anonymous said...

Now that is an aunt and uncle doing their job cranking the little nipper up on a sugar high.
Uncle Todd