Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Funky Fresh

I am in a funk.

A bored, unexcited, easily annoyed, kinda crabby, apathetic funk.

I am not fun to be around and I know it. And the worst part of it is that I am REALLY horribly bad at hiding it.

The good news is that Amy is coming to visit us this weekend and if anyone can pull me out of a funk it is this girl. And the weekend after that I am going to Chicago for some Keaty action. So I am not lacking in things to look forward to.

In the meantime, I am trying really hard to:
1) Not get fired from my job
2) Not get kicked out of school
3) Not get kicked out of my house by my husband.

Who knows...I may just show up on your doorstep with my sleeping bag and asking for work.

6 comments:

Becca said...

I hate funks! I know funks.
As I too have been in for a ridiculously long time now myself.

Hang in there. Have a BLAST with Amy this weekend. I am so excited to have you come for a visit.

And you can always always move in with us. At the very least I can set you up with a sweet fruit bag operation on the highways or something.

Anonymous said...

Ah the world of karma is funny. Perhaps if you re-thunk your stance on WOW the planets may align again for you. We have a futon and almost spare bedroom. Not so sure of a job, but I have decks to build and a yard to put in. My nephew (frosh in high school) will be finishing up the electrical in the "attic" this weekend. You come hang out I'll get you skills in something.
Uncle Todd

Greta Hanson said...

Nicely played Todd. While I do not think that WOW has anythign to do with my current funk, I do think I could use it as a leverage point to keep Nate from throwing me out.

Anonymous said...

I think it must be an Ekern girl thing to not be able to hide the bad mood...because I am very guilty of it also! However if you were to lose your job you don't get to get another one until I find one! There use that towards motivation...because it is going to be a looooooooong time before I have an income!

Anonymous said...

Looks like the 3 goals you have are good..We got room up at the Cabin...no showers or anything, but heck, it beats living in a refrigerator box down by the river...Plus Mom would throw me out and let you and Nate in anyhoo..We got crops to put in, we will pay you sharecropper wages...
Think of Finn!!! That has to bust up any Funk!!
Have a good day!
Summer is on the way!
Dad

Anonymous said...

The first step is acknowledging that you are in a funk. Hopefully it won't be a 12 step funk.
Just remind people to cut a wide path around you and work through it. Spring weather, return of the song birds, and Easter CANDY should help....Hang in There, Love, Mom