Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Next Facebook?

I realize this may be a little progressive for some of our more technology-avoidant readers (DAD), but bear with me....

Twitter is a website that connect everyone through short (14o character max) updates on what you are currently doing, reading, etc.

I have been on for four months or so but have found it not as fun as facebook primarily because no one else was on it.

Now that more people are joining, I think it will be interesting to see how the two websites fare.

For all of my Twitter fans here are two websites that I came across recently:

1) Want to track your favorite brands and companies tweets? Find them here.
2) Get your celebrity gossip fix by following your favorite celebrities Twitter pages.


So...I want to know: Are you on Twitter, and which website do you like better?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will always love facebook, but twitter keeps me updating on the depressing economy. I follow adagencylayoffs so i know where NOT to send my resume lol. I mainly do twitter to go with my movie blog so follow me!
splicegirl77

Anonymous said...

nm...you do follow me. now i'm following you.

Anonymous said...

I really don't think this is what God had in mind when he gave us opposable thumbs. If you want to twitter, pucker up your lips and blow. You want someone to know what you are doing, speak to them. Evolution may remove our voices if this keeps up, and we will have thumbs twice the size as golf balls. ET don't look so funny now does he?
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

I was hooked on Twitter, but thanks to a 12 step program and support from family, I have kicked Twitter's *ss...

dad