Sunday, March 29, 2009

Good Times

That about sums it up. Good times are unavoidable with Amy around. And this weekend was no exception. Sure, we have graduated from the drunk celebrations of our college youth to civilized drinks and conversations. But what we haven't graduated to is taking ourselves too seriously.


I love that we can both be totally and utterly goofy together in one hour, and the next have a theraputic conversation about what is going on in our lives.

Friday night we checked out Black Sheep Pizza, a new gourmet joint downtown, and then headed to Chatterbox in Edina for some "Chocolate Fondue" (read: Hershey's Chocolate Fudge served with chocolate chip cookies, oreo browning and rice krispie bars), and some good old-fashioned board games.

This brought lots of good memories of my TGIF Friday's growing up, playing Sorry with my Mom and consuming an entire bag of Sour Cream and Onion Chips.

After the game all hell broke loose with Amy's camera, where she posed the challenge of "how big can you frown without pushing out your bottomw lip?" Here are the results..you decide.




And then there was this face....which really speaks for itself. This is my husband folks.
After a great night out we put the record player on and had a rockin' dance party.

Saturday night was pretty much a Mexican Fiesta in the Hanson household. Amy and I ran around town picking up all sorts of groceries (including Amy's virgin voyage to Costco). And Amy brought these red velvet cupcakes from Milwaukee that were as big as your face, and so good.

After eating so much I had to change into my PJ's before entering into the dance party...


Ah yes...it was a great weekend. I am so lucky to have such great friends, and I count those blessings every day.

Luckily, saying goodbye wasn't so sad because I found a flight for $100 and am flying to Milwaukee in early June to pay the Joyce's a visit.

BONUS PICTURE: When we were at Chatterbox, this picture was hanging above our booth. I am almost 100% sure that this same 'painting' was the one above Grandma and Grandpa's couch for years. Can someone confirm?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see Amy Anderson with an O is still her smiley ol self!!! Good to hear you guys had a great time. If that picture isn''t the same, it is really close....
Have a great week!
dad

Anonymous said...

the painting is very close. I always liked that painting. My vote is for Nate on the frown contest...maybe next time go aussie style and hang upside down and frown to see who has the biggest smile. So what does a virgin wear when going to Costco???
Uncle Todd

Becca said...

Awww. I love Amy.
It looks like you had such a great weekend.

Nate - Dude. That last picture of you...is being whisked to my iPhone inbox where it will be lovingly stored as your Contact photo. Please call me more often so I can see it.
;)

Amy J said...

Ah Greta it was good times, thanks to you and Nate again for a fantabulous time. I'm pretty sure we were in our stretchy pj pants before our dinner. Oh wait, that's because we ate dinner at Costco before we ate dinner with all the samplers...don't touch the bread! Bitch, please!