Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Who has a recommendation?

As I have not put more than about 1 minute of thought into packing for vacation (which is in about 36 hours), I am wondering if anyone out there has any good BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS for the beach.

Note:

  • I don't care for chick lit...so I get it..it's easy, breezy, and great for the beach. But not this beach bum.
  • Keep in mind the size of the book. I am all for long books, but they can't be so bulky it takes the place of of my favorite pair of shoes. This pretty much cuts out hardcover.
  • I don't want to cry on vacation. C'mon people... I read Marley and Me in Vegas and had tears streaming down my face by the pool. I am pretty sure Nate was concerned that I was suffering from severe depression.

Let me know by 6PM tomorrow! I will be swinging by the bookstore on my way to a packing extravaganzaa!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umm...lets see I really enjoy The Dexter series (the show is based on books) they are dark but witty and they are pretty quick reads. I also like Jane Austen Book Club? I like that one too if you haven't already read it. Emily says to read Tori Spelling's autobiography - I liked it too...but...well..it's kinda fluff. ooo and also Novel About my Wife is good...sad but not crying sad. Have fun! When you get back we'll talk minneapolis trip!

Anonymous said...

I would like to suggest the operators manual for WOW. Think of the quality time you can spend with your hubby enjoying his interest. Plus with the international WOW event going on when you are there, you will blend in very nicely.
remember, I am here to help.
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

Trolling for Late Fall Muskies, by Joe Bucher...


You guys have a great trip!!!

dad

Nate Hanson said...

Todd, I just might have to send you some Premium directly from the brewrey, or maybe you would like some Tequlia from Mexico? Lets talk; you're working on a good cause, albeit, a lost cause.

Anonymous said...

Nate, like the cook book, a can a man a plan...ya gotta dream.
Uncle Todd

emily said...

ha! trolling for late fall muskies... we actually have that one!!