Sunday, February 8, 2009

Weekend in Review

This weekend proved to be the perfect mix of rest, fun activities and enough time leftover to squeeze out a paper for school.

Friday night we headed over to Debra's place for a delicious meal, some old school Nintendo, and a few heated games of Balderdash.


Now let me reiterate this was an OLD SCHOOL Nintendo system. LIke the one that Becca and I would trek to Quik Stop to in a foot of snow and play all day long on snow days. It was so old school that we had to jimmy-rig the game in order to make it work. Debra was working a moistened Q-tip and her wallet as a gentle weight to keep the game in.





Saturday proved to be a fabulous day with a great morning work-out, a new hair-cut, and Nate's Secret Date!


Nate's date was to attend the Second Runway Fashion Show at Goodwill. The concept was very cool with local designers using recycled materials (i.e. clothing at a Goodwill store) and reworking them to create hip and trendy new outfits. It was very cool. VERY Jenny Humphrey guerilla fashion show. (That's a Gossip Girl reference for those of you who aren't acquainted with the CW).





That's it! Now I am ready for another fun-filled work week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the Gossip Girl reference.
Cute new hair cut!
I'm one chapter away from finishing book 3 in the twilight series.

And Nate- that's my kind of date...good job!
-Em

Anonymous said...

Gert!!! Like the new cut!!!I think Diva Doug should take his show on the road..maybe a Liberty class in the afternoon.....:)

Have a great week!
Dad

Debra Fiterman said...

On Saturday morning, I got all the way to world 8 on Mario 3, and it turned off. It's amazing that even at the age of 28, I still wanted to kill myself.

So much fun of Friday! Did you and Nate want to go and see the movie about the martian named Murray this weekend? I hear it's making a come back...

Anonymous said...

catching up on the blogs. I love your new haircut. Looks like you are ready for a warm vacation.
good date choice Nate. That's the great part of the city....so many unique things to do.....like Diva Doug!
Love, Mom