Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Diva Doug

Many of you know that I am a newly converted fanatic of The Firm. A few weeks ago, Nate lost a bet and the stakes were that if he lost he had to come expereience The Firm with me. Now, two short weeks later he is a convert too.

There are so many things about this gym that I love. The people/staff are incredibly nice. Every workout is a workout like I have never had before. And most importantly there is Diva Doug.


Doug teaches the Cardio Step class that we take, and he is incredible. He is aboslutely hilarious with his at-times inappropriate jokes, outlandish costumes, and practiced prancing. He plays good tunes, and always delivers an ass kicking.


He "took" to Nate on Nate's first day in class...and then I had to butt in and let him know we were married. :)


For those of you who may need a visual, here we are on this past Saturday. Doug has some great Valentine's day costumes, and gave..and I quote...."his new favorite" some special Valentines love.



So that's what Nate and I have been enjoying as we go to the gym together. Next time you're in town, I can take you. They have day passes so you can come and see Diva Doug live in all of his glory. You know you want to.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great schtick this Diva Doug has going...and people pay for it. I want a place to work out that sells beer. Nate I respect the fact that you lost a bet and paid the price...dam are you paying...I still am able (barely) to muster up the courage to champion your cause of WOW. LNPWOW.
(send premium care of Uncle Todd)

emily said...

whoa! does diva doug have a heart on???

Becca said...

OH MY LANTA'!
SIGN ME UP! This guy looks hilarious and awesome and I am for sure looking forward to the ass handing only one Diva Doug could provide. Oh Reid. Oh Doug. That is QUITE the get up :) Oh NATE! Great photo of the two of them.

Anonymous said...

Is this "ass handing" you kids speak of something new? Now in my day we kicked it, chewed it, spanked it, patted it, groped it, got some, worked it off, dropped it (flatus reference in case you are on the short bus with a hockey helmit), made comments on how nice, told someone they were, even road one on a special religious holiday, but never handed one to somebody. Is this like going steady and giving someone their class ring? I like you so here is your ass. Or did it fall off and they are being nice and giving it back to you. "scuse me sir, this fell off - didn't want you to lose it". Lastly, what states or providences is this legal in. I think there are some infraction somewhere...
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

Hey if you find an ass and like it do you have to hand it back? Just thinking of the ol saying, if I had a swing like that in my back yard I would take it apart and see how many screws I could get out of it. Are there black market ass handings? Do you have to get yours back or could you get JLos?
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

Yes I can, in fact, I'll bring two in case the first one don't work...

Dad

Becca said...

So - Uncle Todd - I think the "ass handing" that has been referred to in this blog and also in my own is describing the event in which a work out instructor (ie. Diva Doug, or my insane Boot Camp instructor Michael) works you out SO HARD, that your "ass is handed to you" as in, "you are inferior specimen of fitness, and are pushed to the limit." This also is relevant the next day, at least for me, when I can hardly walk...thus furthering the feeling of my ass being disconnected in some way. That help?

Anonymous said...

Rebecca, thanks for the definitions. I have to say keeping up with the linguistics of the generation gap proves more and more challenging. Just when I thought I was getting my jiggy down with it, there is something new...
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

"ASS HANDING" ????? WELL, IF YOU'RE OUT OF "ASS" I HAVE A GREAT DEAL OF EXTRA HANGING OFF MY BACKSIDE I COULD SHARE WITH ANYONE WHO IS A LITTLE LOW!!! NATE...YOU ARE A SAINT!!!..AND UNCLE TODD..YOU REALLY,REALLY NEED TO WRITE A BOOK ABOUT ANYTHING!!! YOU'RE A HOOT!!!...AS FOR DIVA DOUG...NUF SAID WHEN USING THE WORD DIVA!!!tof

Anonymous said...

What a great way to start a Monday morning before work! I enjoyed the posts and the HILARIOUS comments. Have a great week everyone! Love, Mom