Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Nigella Express: Episode 4

In a trio of uber efficiency, Nate and I were able to create our Sunday Soup recipe, our Nigella Express dish of the week AND a delicious Super Bowl treat all with one lovely, and seriously quick dish.

And what might that dish be? Quick Chili of course!

Nigella was not messing around when she named this dish...it was quick. I think it took 30 minutes from start to finish. I am not going to lie..it wasn't the best chili Nate and I have ever had, but when you are strapped for time this does the trick. Plus--Bonus for me: no onions



We were a little skeptical about serving it with rice, but it actually tasted pretty good.
Nate has been eating it all week for lunch and hasn't started complaining yet which I can only assume it makes good leftovers.

According to the fancy schmance long-term weather forecaster at Target, we are supposed to have an unseasonable warm Spring, and it will start sooner than usual. ALLELUIA! My point is...we survived winter, and chili season is almost over. Bring on the Gazpacho!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

as usual, looks pretty yummy!! I think chili (especially moms) is good all year long!!

Have a good day!
Dad

emily said...

mmmm. looks very good. i have your letter for the alphabet game. (thanks for playing!!) are you ready? it's... F!!! (is in, Finnegan!! how lucky was that? i didn't even rig it!)