Monday, February 9, 2009

F is for FINNEGAN

Another fun Blog game has been blazing through the blogosphere, and of course I am happy to play. This blog is brought to you by the letter "F".
And no I did not pay her off to float me the letter f. I am just that lucky.

Here are the rules…If you want to play, leave a comment on this post letting me know, and I’ll assign you a letter. You write about ten things you love that begin with your assigned letter, and post it at your place. When people comment on your list, you give them a letter, and the chain continues on and on!


First, I love Finnegan. Clearly this does not need a drawn out explanation. He brightens my day every time I think of him. He is the sweetest little boy you can imagine. I miss him so much every day and yearn to be closer to experience daily life with him.


I would be no where with out my Family. I have been blessed to have an amazing family. As I get older, I think the importance of having family weighs much heavier on your mind.

Not only do I love my own family, but I ADORE meeting other people's families. I especially like seeing how they interact. Whenever you are around someone witht heir family, I just think you feel this sense of history and a bond that cannot be broken no matter what. It's like you are witnessing the ties of unspoken moments, light-hearted memories and a love so deep it can't be put into words. Whether it's watching Debra and her Mom poke fun at each other, and laugh non-stop, or the ease that Summer and her sister Jaime have with each other, I find myself feeling grateful that I they are letting me in, even the vey tiniest amount, to that special relationship.







Which of course brings me to my Friends, who are like a 2nd family to me. I have the best friends anyone could ever ask for. I have 'random' friends...that is they aren't all from one big high school clique, or a group of college friends. There are a lot of separate individuals who when combined make up a VERY important part of my life.

I really just get really gushy when chatting about my friends because I love them all so much. So I will spare you that, and just share some pictures...






Of course, I love Felines, especially of the elderly variety.



Ihave to admite, I do love Facebook. Yes, it can suck the spare time out of any day, and is misunderstood by those who haven't taken the leap themselves. But I love that I can reach out and connect with someone who lives 600 miles away, or someone that I haven't talked to in years. I love looking at pictures, seeing people's hilarious status updates, and kicking Becca's butt at Scramble.


Films...while I hate the word film (it sounds so pretentious)...I do like myself a good movie on a Friday night after a long week, or a rainy Sunday afternoon. With Facebook, any Film watching usually also involves my laptop...

I look forward to getting my weekly FSI's. For those of you who aren't General Mills dorks, that is a fancy way of saying coupons in your Sunday paper. I am a loud and proud coupon clipper. Thats right...

A new love intest in my life is The Firm. It is a no holds bar, completely kick your ASS, sweat out 2 pounds in 1 hour gym, that has the most amazing staff, classes and atmosphere. Beyond the enjoyment of just getting my ass handed to me everytime I go, the people there are amazingly sweet and genuine. I look forward to working out when I know I am going there.


And last but not least..I am always up for some Friendly Comepetition. One of my favorite thigns to do is play games. At the end of the day I don't really care if I win, but I just like the competition aspect of it because I think it makes it more fun.

Oh yea..I guess that is only 9..hmm...I love Fridays. Nothing makes it more apparent that I love Fridays like a Monday morning. Ugh....

Now, let me know if you want a letter and you can play along too!

11 comments:

Nate Hanson said...

Why don't I know about any of these cool games? I'll play if I can post in your comments.

Anonymous said...

I love that nate wants to play too! are you hogging the blog? I want to play - gimme a letter

Anonymous said...

That px of you and LuLu should be put in the Vernon County museum...Its a classic!!! You must have smoothed talked Grandma Sherry pretty good to convince her to keep Lucy in the house!

dad

Greta Hanson said...

Alrighty---Nate you get W, and Meghan you get A.

Nate Hanson said...

World of Warcraft – Yeah, I am going to count this as two. 12 million people play this game because it is so awesome… unfortunately I am not one them anymore. Sad story, I know, but I still love it.

Weekends – Seriously, if you work M-F job and you don’t love weekends, we need to talk.

Wisconsin – Parents from MN and SD, and born a flatlander in Illinois, I was fortunate enough to have my developmental years in good ol’ Wisconsin. There is no better Midwestern state.

Wozniak – As in Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple Inc. Without whom I would never have such things in my life as the Apple II gs computer, Number Crunchers (You remember this game), or my Ipod.

Water – I have always loved swimming and it is making a comeback recently in my life while training for my first Triathlon. And seriously, is there anything better than being on the ocean, specifically on the white sand beaches of Cozumel? Ask me again, in three weeks and I will let you know.

Wii – Although it doesn’t always get the love it deserves, this system is so much fun to play with 4 people. It is no WoW, but it still rocks my world.

Winning – As Greta mentioned in her blog, she like competition, well so do I, but I’ll take it a step further and say I love winning. That doesn’t imply that I am bad sport, but simple logic tells me Winning > Losing.

Wikipedia – No better place to learn anything about anything.

Winter – It hardly seems like the time of year to say you love winter, but really there is nothing better than the change of the seasons, and this is at the very least my third favorite season.

Anonymous said...

I think the World of Warcraft embargo should be lifted. It's got to be in the Geneva Convention somewhere that this is cruel and inhumane treatment.

dad

P.S. Nate, you can buy me a beer next weekend...

Nate Hanson said...

I'd buy you a keg of Premium if I thought it would help my cause, unfortunately your words fall on deaf ears.

Greta Hanson said...

Seriously..what are you two even talking about? Did you have some side bet going on whether or not I would cave to the WOW ban?

Anonymous said...

Greta the boy took you to a used clothing fashion show for crimony sakes. Back off mother and let him have a little WOW.

P.S. Nate I am pretty sure it is not illegal to ship the premium over state lines to the flat land.
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

Yeah...I think I'm gonna need a letter.
-Little Emily

Greta Hanson said...

Little E- Your letter is "T". Good Luck, Have fun! :)