Friday, February 6, 2009

Sugar High

6 Months. 190 days.
That is how long I have been without my lifelong love of candy. That's right. Those of you who know me know how much I LOVE CANDY.


There was no candy corn in my life through Halloween. No candy canes at Christmas. I said no to all of the exotic candy temptation at Dylans. No sugary delight to pull me from the depths of despair.
Until today. I told myself after 6 months of no candy, I would break my candy ban. And so I have.


But ONLY for 1 day. Tomorrow I am back to shunning the sweet delectables that call my name every day. Which means the only food I shall be consuming today will be that of a gummy, sugary, chocolately nature.


I started with some deliciously fresh gummy cinnamon hearts, have eaten my way through lemon heads, some left-over mint nougat things from Christmas, and am onto conversation hearts. Still to come...twizzlers, licorice snaps, slo-pokes and some orange slices. My stomach already hurts a little but to that I say toughen up. We have one day of glory here, and I am not going to let a little nausea stop me.


The conversation heart I just ate sums it up: "I Miss You".

I've missed you too, and now....I will eat you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

someone needs to watch willie wonka...
Uncle Todd

Nate Hanson said...

Greta, to sum it up: You're Crazy. But crazy in a good way. Let me count the ways
1)Your Willpower is crazy good; I know how much you love candy and for you to not touch it for 190 days is crazy.
2)You're Crazy for talking to your Candy; see post "I miss you too... now I eat you."
3) You're Crazy for eating this much before Diva Doug class tomorrow; I predict your next blog to be about vomitting in the middle of your workout.

Anonymous said...

THANK GOD YOUR BRACES ARE OFF!!!!!...REMEMBER THAT???...BUT I THINK YOUI'VE EARNED THAT STOMACHE...HOPE IT WAS WORTH IT...TOF

emily said...

you're crazy funny.

Nate Hanson said...

BTW - Greta did not puke candy all over at the gym this morning... but I almost did. Diva Doug kicked my @ss!!

Anonymous said...

Diva Doug is a scary person..He makes Richard Simmons look like a good ol boy from Vernon County...

Jeesh.....

dad

Anonymous said...

2 snaps for diva doug?? is this a paid event?
Uncle Todd