Monday, November 17, 2008

Tag!

Just when I was wondering what my next blog topic would be about I got tagged by Emily!

Sounds fun right? Well it is definitely more fun then what I am doing right now (sitting in the worst class of all time), and it requires more thought than what I am doing right now (sitting in the worst class of all time).

SO...I got tagged, and what that means for me is that I need to:

1) Write 3 things about myself I like
2) Tag 3 more people
3) Go on in peace (I know Dad...you are thinking this is too cosmic for you..but hang with me).

So the first item is definitely the hardest. I think it is difficult to admit you like something about yourself, for fear of appearing pompous, or something worse. But here goes.

1) I like that I am passionate. No one can accuse me of being lacksedasical, half-hearted, or easy to push over....ESPECIALLY when it comes to something I am passionate about: family, friends, work, being healthy, etc. I can't say this always keeps me out of trouble, but I like that I actually care about the things that are going on in my life enough to go to the mat for it and stick to my guns. When a lady is being disrespectful to the Avis driver, I let her know. When someone is dissing my friend, I let them know they are wrong. When my Professor literally sucks at his job and is ruining my life..I let him know. (No honestly...ask anyone in my class...I totally lost my sh*t on my Professor last week). I don't stand idly by...


2) I like that I am learning how to hold back. I guess this one goes slightly hand in hand with #1. I am learning to recognize situations when it just doesn't make sense to try to expend energy to try to change it because it just isn't going to be change. This is true both in personal and professional instances. Now I just need to work on how to not show it on my face. Darn those emotions on my sleeve.

3) I like that I am reliable. On the whole, I feel I am a very reliable to those people in my life that I care for, respect and want to do good things for. I definitely am a pinch hitter at work and do a bunch of random projects when people need someone in a pinch. I think I am reliable in another way for friends/family. I hope and think they all know I would drop anything in a heart beat to help one of them out.

Alright..that was definitely the hard part.

Now the fun part! Who to tag...well not too many of my friends have jumped on the blog bandwagon...but I know some of you check this quite frequently, so you can post your three things in the comments section if you are blogless.

Tag Debra, Tag Todd, and Tag Meghan!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great self assessment Gert!!!! AND right on the money. Pretty tough to get an A when you blow up on the teach...:))!!!! can't wait to hear that story..

Dad

Anonymous said...

I agree with dad. You are all those things and more. I haven't heard the professor story yet either. I think dad should consider himself very lucky that he did not get tagged! Can't wait to hear Uncle Todd's comments.
Love, Mom

emily said...

fun! thanks for playing, greta!! you should be proud of yourself, because you ARE all three of those wonderful things, and more.

Anonymous said...

ya know here I am, just reading along then I am tagged. Ok.
1. I like that I have what has been described as a unique ability to look at things a different way. Working in the medical field, my job is patient safety. So far I have forced 2 companies to recall 1 each of their products due to safety issues. It was an uphill battle both times, but worth it. I am not scared to ask the questions people don't want to hear. As I get older you learn to choose which cross you want to hang yourself on. Sometimes you can't change the world, but you can give it a nudge.
2. I like that I am learning what is really worth worrying about. Seeing the big picture. Be happy with what you have because somewhere, somebody has it worse. Just like with the house. We buy it, gut it, remodel, almost finished, then the sunken living room gets flooded with 14 inches of water (that is sort of ironic don't ya know...) but we did not have to move out as the rest of the house was above water and dry. Our next door neighbors are still not back in their house yet. They had it worse, we were fortunate.
3. I like that knowing my biggest fear is that my reality is really part of somebodies elses dream and when they wake I will cease to exist.
now who to tag..........
I am limited......
Tag Nate, Tag Nick, Tag Reid (you knew that was coming).
Uncle Todd