Sunday, November 16, 2008

On Wisconsin!

We headed to Madison this weekend to visit Rachel and go to a Badger game. It was so much fun to get to hang with Rachel as it had been forever since I had last seen her! We rolled into town and headed straight for the Big 10 Bar where I enjoyed a Bloody Mary (my pregame drink of choice) and Nate quickly started downing beers.


Before we headed to the stadium to cheer the Badgers on, we stopped by Greenbush Bakery. This place emitted the most delicious donutty smell every single day in college. It took me back to Safewalking days. It would be midnight...Union South shift....late night donuts...mmmmm.

So we voted on sharing a chocolate old-fashioned...so freakin good.




The game was SO much fun. The first half not as fun as the second half when we came back from a 13 point deficit! ;)
To top it all off it started snowing in the 3rd quarter and it looked like a HUGE snow globe. It made me so excited for the holidays.


College nostalgia was running high and it was sad to leave. I was very jealous of the college kids, and I knew it was over for me when the bouncer at the bar barely looked at my ID before letting me in. SAD.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are still carding me every where I go.....::::O!

dad

emily said...

safewalk. union south. greenbush bakery. the three things will live together forever in my heart. mmmmmmmmmm.