Sunday, November 9, 2008

Go Pack Go

I was lucky enough to "come into" 4 Packers/Vikings game tickets for this afternoon. Having never been to a NFL game before, I was pretty excited for the big game.


Summer, Kate, Nate and I met up for some pre-game drinks, which ended with a pre-game shot. Now, I honestly can say that I haven't drank FOREVER, and since we ran out of milk this morning before I got to eat my cereal, I drank on an empty stomach. The end result was a fairly drunk Greta entering the Metrodome. Lucky for me everyone was up for a little drinking so I wasn't alone!




Nate was a stand-up guy listening to us talk about upcoming holiday plans, shopping, planning a NYC trip, and pretty much anything but football. He was content with his beer and the crowd. And lucky for him there were lots and lots and lots of heavily make-upped cheerleaders to watch.



Unfortunately for us, the Packers lost by ONE freakin point. DANG! But it was still fun! Ironically, it felt like very little football was actually played. I'm not sure if this was because of all of the TV breaks/time-outs that you don't really notice at home, or because we just weren't paying that close of attention. Hmmm...



And now it is Sunday night, and I am feeling slightly hungover, raspy voiced, and tired. But I would do it again in a heartbeat, and it was definitely the highlight of the weekend.

6 comments:

emily said...

glad you had fun! sorry about the crappy ending. next stop, a game at lambeau. it's an incredibly fun experience!!

Anonymous said...

The Pack should have let Gert try and kick the winning field goal...!!!

DAD

Nate Hanson said...

We did practice kicking prior to the game, but not the field goal type of kicking, more like the Finn style of kicking! KICK!

Anonymous said...

Finn was showing off his kicking skills this weekend. He has improved Gert! Glad you had a fun day with the girls and Nate. Wishing you a good week, Love, Mom

Becca said...

Um. You look remarkably sober! :-) Looks fun.

Anonymous said...

The Pack Sucks!!!!!the Iowan