Saturday, November 22, 2008

Mojito Madness

Friday night all of the girls that work in Big G went out for a 'tour de mojitos' if you will. We had an original plan all mapped out based on some review in a local magazine, but then practicality took hold, and we made our path based on the fact that it is freezing cold, and wanted to minimize the time outdoors.

So first stop was Palomino. I have to admit, I was kind of hating on this choice because it seems so...generic. But...they by far had the best mojito of the night. I believe this was a cranberry pomegranate mojito..or something long those lines. I sucked 2 down in no time...bad news.


Then we went to one of my all-time favorite spots..Solera. I have to say I was extremely disappointed with the mojito here. It had huge potential as it's flavor was ginger-peach...but the bartendar messed it up royally..

Final stop was supposed to be the new tequila bar Barrio, but there was a 2 hour wait and we just weren't having it. So we went to the Newsroom...which is DEFINITELY not known for its Mojitos...and it was apparent.


But we still had fun. Good girl bonding time after a long few months of plans at work.


I was slightly regretting the drinks at midnight when we were at Byerlys trying to figure out what Turkey/Chicken/Duck to buy for the Turduckin that Nate is making...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOOKS 'EVERYONE POURED' AND GOOD TIME WAS HAD BY ALL...NEED THOSE NITES ONCE IN AWHILE...LOTS OF SMILES!!! HAVE A GOOD WEEK...TOF

Anonymous said...

MY GRAMMER AND SPELLING WAS TERRIBLE...YOU'D THINK I NEVER WENT FOR 'LEARNIN...LATER KIDDO...TOF

Anonymous said...

I wonder if they serve those mohitos at Liberty.....

dad

Anonymous said...

Nope (to Liberty) - but it sure would be a good reason to grow some fresh mint!! Wish I could have been there.

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

i see you are reading twilight... will you see the movie after? i just finished eclipse, the third in the series, and it was a fabulous escape from the doldrums of a real-life desperate housewife. happy reading!