Friday, November 21, 2008

Great Food: Episode 20

Funny that our 20th episode of Great Food Fast was marred by the flooding of our basement.


Whether it was perserverance or pure frugality of already purchasing the ingredients for our recipe...we went ahead and made our dinner anyway.
This is slightly delayed as we actually made this Wednesday night, but I was jamming out a paper and had class last night, so IWII (it is what it is...common phrase in the Hanson household).

SO...(and Debra I know this will be painful for you since this was your meal)...we made:

Orchiette with Roasted Peppars and Sweet Italian Sausage. We also made a side dish of Roasted Fennel.

The pasta was really good. We couldn't find any GD Orchiette to save our soul...Cub, Byerly's, Trader Joe's, Target...nada. So we used mini ravioli's that had cheese in them...which turned out to be a delicious choice.



Next time, my vote is for smaller chunks of sausage. I get grossed out by huge chunks of hamburger unless it is in patty form. I know...I'm weird.

Reheating verdict: Excellent. Nate said that it was absolutely delicious for lunch. This has become a more critical success factor of our meals as we both pack our lunch everyday and I'm packing dinner 2 nights a week for class.
Onto the Roasted Fennel..........yuck.........enough said. Felt pretty good about not having company over to taste that crap. Another bright side of the flood..Hmm....



Also...wanted to thank Nate for making this ENTIRE meal by himself while I started my paper. I'm so lucky to have such a great hubby.

4 comments:

Debra Fiterman said...

Ok...so I missed out on the meal of the century but the least I can get out of it is some of your loyal blog readers. Tag...I'm it....check out the blog: www.debrafiterman.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Try roasting garlic.
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

DITTO ON THE FENNEL...JUST EAT LICORICE...SAME THING...TOF

Anonymous said...

Sorry you didn't like the fennel. Fennel is one of Patti's favorites and she likes it raw. Curious if dad noticed the orichette pasta. I made a new dish from the cuisine at home with orichette (which I found in Milw. when visiting Patti). I hope to make it for you this weekend. See you soon, Love, Mom
I will think about my "tag"