Monday, June 2, 2008

Great Food: Episode 4

This week we were feeling in the mood for some asian flare, so we tried our hand at Cashew Chicken.

Nate was pretty much in charge as I was running late from work, and he did an excellent job. He wsa pretty stoked that we actually got to include onions (since I am not a fan). The sauce ends up being more on the sweet side, so next time we will probably add something to give it a little extra kick.


All in all it was really good, and required very few ingrediants, so it will be a good quick staple.



Our neighbor was nice enough to come over with his chain saw and help us with our tree that went down during the storm. So I turned to the master cookbook and whipped up some Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting.


Let me tell you...these are delicious. I do not even like carrot cake, and I thought they were really good. There is about a cup and a half of carrots, some coconut and walnuts in the cake part that make them very filling.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUMMERS Gert and Nate!!!!

Dad

Anonymous said...

is that polka-dotted upholstery belong to a couch?? i LOVE IT! and, my mouth is watering. yum!

Anonymous said...

It is actually the upholstery to these two chairs that we have. I was playing with some food photography backgrounds since the placemat and table is getting a little boring! ;)