Thursday, June 19, 2008

Great Food: Episode 6

This weeks episode: Spinach Penne with Ricotta and Pine Nuts

As I am sure you can see, ours is not nearly as beautiful because we didn't use Green Penne...couldn't find it anywhere. Ok fine, couldn't find it at Cub. But it was our stock up trip, and I didn't feel like going to another grocery store just to find green penne.

No need for the green pasta, because this dish was still tasty. Now it isn't rave-worthy, but I will say is it is a VERY easy, standard, don't-have-to-buy-special ingrediants sort of meal.

And it is super quick. We like our Pine Nuts extra toasty because we think it bring out more of the flavor, so we left it in the oven a little longer than it said.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks pretty Tasty Nate and Greta!!!! We had LEONS last night, so there....
dad

Becca said...

Nummers.
Glad I am coming to stay with you guys for a few days.
Will be the first time I've ate decently since I was probably in Viroqua last :-)

Nate Hanson said...

Bec - just be careful if we try to serve you chicken. Greta can attest that I need some work on temperature skills.

Anonymous said...

want green pasta? add green food coloring. try adding green food coloring when making chocolate chip cookies...no go ahead do it. You can feature it as a rouge baking journey in food.
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

HEY...I FOUND LOTS OF GREEN PASTA IN PHILLIE LAST WEEK...IF I'D ONLY KNOW YOU NEEDED SOME...IS THERE AN ITALIAN DISTRICT IN THE CITIES???...GO THERE...YUMMY...TOF