Thursday, June 5, 2008

Great Food: Episode 5

The lesson learned from this "cooking experience": Follow the Directions.
On Tuesday, Nate and I attempted to make Spring Risotto with Peas and Zucchini.

Normally, when we are cooking we try to split it up...he'll take the mean, I'll do the side dish, etc. With Risotto being our only dish, splitting it up wasn't an option which of course meant there was 1 too many cooks in the kitchen.

After taking painstaking care to stir the Risotto for 30 minutes plus, carefully adding 1 cup of broth after the prior cup was absorbed, I told Nate we were ready for the peas. Nate cuts the bag of peas and dumps the WHOLE thing in. I say.."wow that seems like a lot of peas."

At this point, I think it is fair to tell all of you that I really hate peas. My Mom can TOTALLY vouch for this. But for the sake of my dear husband who has been obsessing about risotto, I said let's try the dish..I'll just pick out the peas.

Come to find out...the recipe only required 1 cup of peas. So to me this dish tasted like peas with some rice and other veggies, but I have hope that the next time we make it we can follow the directions, and I will like it much better.

Ours Theirs



P.S. Nate is getting fancy with his photo editing skills...notice the light fade around the dish. Very fancy Nate....very fancy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooo, la la! that IS a very fancy photo. kind of like the rhubarb one i stole from whole foods!!! greta, i had to laugh at this post, because i HATE peas, too (just ask MY MOM!!) the dish looked tasty, otherwise!