Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Secret Date Update

This weekend was SO relaxing. We didn't have any plans and pretty much just relaxed, cooked a lot of great food, watched some movies, and did random chores around the house that make me feel 'old'....i.e. weatherproofing patio furniture, weeding flower beds, and planting vegetables. It was just over a year ago that none of this was even on the radar screen of somethign I may have to do in the future.


But we have a house now, and it does feel good to make it nice. And I am sure our neighbors appreciate that we haven't totally let ourselves go. Although, the people on the left of us clearly were foreclosed on and no one is mowing their yard...or doing any upkeep. Nate and I considered going over and helping ourselves to some of their annuals. Again, two years ago...never would have imagined that getting some free annuals would be such a thrill.



Anyway, with all the house stuff happening this weekend it was a great fit that Nate's Secret Date was to go to the ASID Home Tour. Now let me be clear that I have no idea what ASID stands for....but what I can tell you is that this home was OFF THE HOOK.



It was 4 stories...7 bedrooms, 6 baths, a pool, a library, an office, a room just for the dog, a fly-fishing room...the list goes on and on. I guess this guy is a huge advertising guru in town here or something. All I know is that he is totally loaded. Here is a picture of the outside of the house (no pictures allowed on the "inside"). I realize this looks wholly unimpressive compared to what it was on the inside but I had to include a picture.






And for another fun visual...here is Nate outside of the Linden Hills Food Co-op, where we biked for lunch on the way to the home tour.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want my own fishing room......
Dad

Nate Hanson said...

Reid - If you get your own fishing room then both Birdie and Weezer need their own rooms... are you prepared for that?

Anonymous said...

Birdie and Weezer each want their own room, I want my own stitching/sewing room with flat screen and sound system. Reid already has a fishing room - the add-on garage!
Oh to dream
Mom

Anonymous said...

Can I request a Wii room? I felt like Becca almost smacked me up side my head a few times during tennis.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new digs. If you need some roofing done Vicki can toss em down and wield the nail gun with the best of them.
Uncle Todd