Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

This Mother's Day we gathered in Chicago for a girl's weekend full of fun.


On Saturday night we went out to Nacional 27 for dinner. It was excellent food, but I think all of our votes for favorite part of the menu went to the flight of Mojitos! 3 different flavors--all of which were delicious. I am pretty sure we could have each had our own flight.










But if we would have done that we might have missed the main event in a drunken stupor. The main event: WICKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was my first time seeing it and it was everything I could have hoped for and more. Defying Gravity was goose-bump popping good.








On Monday, Becca and I went shopping and everytime we saw something really hideously green we yelled-sang "Wicked"...

a) you have to know the song
b) you definitely had to be there...but trust me it was funny







And of course there was LOTS of Finnegan time. He is getting SO big....and definitely has a wide range of words he is working on....and has 4 teeth that he has learned to grind together in the most bone chilling sound you have ever heard.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Finnegan has got a comb over going!!!!! Chicken with bones on the Grill Saturday night!!! Hope Nate's plumbing saga went without disaster..

dad

Anonymous said...

It was a great Mother's Day weekend - Thanks! Wicked was even better the 2nd time and my new favorite drink is a Mojito. Don't think we will be able to get them in Liberty but I may consider growing some fresh mint :)
Love, Mom

Debra Fiterman said...

so first i got goosebumps hearing about wicked...and then the teeth grinding sent me over the edge.

glad to hear it was a blast! so sad to have missed my first book club but happy you are taking your duty of keeping it alive seriously.

miss ya!