Thursday, April 5, 2012

Serial Multi-Tasker

I have a problem.

It involves more than one thing.
And it involves more than one thing, most of the time.

I think I have forgotten how to just do one thing at a time when I am 'relaxing.' Nate and I will go downtown to cuddle up to watch a TV show and it is like my laptop has a magnetic pull to my fingertips just beckoning me to open it up and surf the interwebs.

And if it isn't my computer, its the stack of magazines.

And if it isn't that, it is my phone.

Or the laundry that needs to be folded.
Or bills that need to be filed away.

Sometimes I hear the ding of the Tivo, telling me the show I was just watching is over, and I can't tell you what show it even was.

Now that I think about it, perhaps I am not all that good at multi-tasking.

It's more like uni-tasking with the TV on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too many things done at the same time to save time usually means details get missed and then the tweaking and re-work begins which saves time??? Pull out the rice paper and walk grasshopper leaving no footprints...
Uncle Todd