Sunday, July 27, 2008

We Made it!

First post from Ireland! Nate and I both made it to Ireland in one piece, which was a relief since we weren't on the same flight. We didn't have any trouble meeting up at the airport, and we were both ready to be done with the first leg of the air travel.

Here are the highlights to date:

11:30: Greta drops Nate off at Airport, says see you in Dublin.
3:30PM: Greta leave MSP for Dublin
3:35 PM: Greta sighs a huge relief when she finds out the woman next to her is a normal human being, and there are no small children or drunk men ahead of her or behind her.
3:40 PM: Take Off! Hunkering down for the 7+ hour flight
4:30 PM: Discover the in-seat entertainment system is free and go to town on the movies (see side bar)
6:00 PM: Receive first round of crappy airline food. Pasta, a chunk of processed cheese with two crackers and some Pepperidge Farm cookies. I stick to the cookies...
8:00 PM: Darkness settles in and I start to get anxious about whether or not I should try to sleep...
9:00 PM: Awww..screw it. I can't sleep anyway..let's pop in the 3rd movie.
10:30 PM: Receive second round of crappy airline food. This time it is breakfast because it is actually approaching 6AM in Paris (my layover destination). It is a really weird and nasty egg, cheese and bisquit combination. I eat it out of desparation.
6:30AM Paris Time: Arrive in Paris, and pull out all Amazing Race stops to try to get on the 7:15AM flight, but fail. Now it is time to wait until my flight leaves at 10:15.
10:30: Receive 3rd round of airline food. This time it is brilliant! Chocolate Crossiant! Air France doesn't mess around.
Sometime: Arrive in Dublin. At this point, I am so confused about the time because of the initial time difference, and then apparently I lost/gained an hour from Paris to Dublin. I still don't really get it.

SO FREAKIN TIRED...

11:30 AM: Nate breaks it to me that Northwest lost our luggage...yup....not kidding.
1:00 PM: Arrive at hotel, take a 2 hour nap, and then hit the town. We did a ton of walking including a 5 mile detour so Nate could just look at the Guinness Brewery. A good dinner at Wagamama, and then more walking.

I would have pictures to share, but the cord that we need to connect the camera to the computer...you guessed it...in our luggage.

More to come! Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOORAY!!!!YOU'RE A WORLD TRAVLER GERTIE...COULDN'T YOU HAVE DONE SOME SIGHT SEEING IN PARIS INSTEAD OF FLIGHT SHOPPING...GLAD YOU BOTH MADE IT...AND I HOPE YOUR LUGGAGE DOES TOO...IF NOT, BUT DEODERANT. HAVE A GREAT TIME...DON'T WORRY ABOUT SLEEP..YOU CAN DO THAT WHEN YOU GET HOME...PLEASE POST MORE BLOGS!!!!! LOVE TO YOU BOTH...TOF

Anonymous said...

I forgot to ask - - - Has the luggage caught up with you?
Love Mom