Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Best Weekend Ever: Part 2

The review of the wonderful Keaty family visit continues...




Saturday morning, Becca and I decided to run a 5 mile race for Minnetonka days. Actually Becca decided and talked me into it, which I am so glad she did because it was really fun. And I experienced something new...group warm-ups before the race. We pretty much laughed through the whole thing. There are some seriously uncoordinated people out there.



Here we are after the race. We both got to cash in on some free massages after the race since it had started raining, and most people left right away!



And of course there was more napping. Can you get any cuter?


And then there was Saturday night....we went out to Kozy's for some delicious steaks, and then afterwards we headed to DAIRY QUEEN, for the ultimate "limited time only" flavor: Cotton Candy! Becca and I had been talking about this all weekend long.
I even snuck a few bitest to Finn. After the first bite, every time I lifted up my spoon he began to giggle. I thought it was hilarious...but I'm not sure Nick did! But considering it
















We headed to the park at Lake Calhoun on Sunday morning. Finn loved the swing. I think the teeter totter proved less exciting for him.

It was a great weekend, and Nate and I had so much fun having the crew in town. Finn was such a good boy even though he started not feeling great toward the end of the stay. He has all sorts of new tricks, and words, and personality!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

two great posts. i am so glad that you and your sister were together this weekend, with all of your boys!!! it looks like you had a blast. i'm curious about that bookstore. chickens???? shut the front door!

Anonymous said...

you kids sure know how to have fun! don't stop.
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

HEY GERTIE!!! WHAT A FUN WEEKEND WITH FAMILY!!! DESPITE THE MILES/DISTANT YOU GUYS SURE SATYING CONNECTED...LOVED THE "SISTER HUG" PIC...WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT THAT WOULD'VE HAPPENED 10YRS AGO!!!..FINN...NO WORDS FOR THAT FELLOW...AND I'D LOVE TO SEE THE BOOKSTORE(WITHOUT THE CHICKENS,I'D HOPE)..GREAT BLOG!!!! TOF