Monday, July 21, 2008

Summer Weekends

This weekend I experienced one of those rare semi-spontaneous evenings that turn out to be so much fun!

Friday night, Nate and I met up with the Wong-Plonske's for a wicked round of mini-golf at the Walker Sculpture Gardens. They do this exhibit where they pretty much make the golf-course art.

Anyway, it was lots of fun, and proved tricky. Let's just say I didn't win either of our 2 7-hole rounds.

At times, you had to bike your ball into the hole......



Other holes required you to navigate around a million water bottles filled with water (ok maybe only like 50, but it was HARD).


And when golfing got boring, we just goofed around.


Then we decided to check out Psycho Suzy's, this bar in NE MPLS that caters to summertime. Read: Crazy Nice Patio, Tiki Drinks, and delicious appetizers. By the way, the tiki drink are ridiculously strong. When we left, Nate said that we were pretty much the tourists because everyone gets the tiki drinks the first time they come, but after that they stick to beer....guess we got suckered into the atmosphere.

Hands down was the "Pu Pu Dogs" appetizer. Basically, you take a little smokey mini hot dog, and flame broil it on this mini grill, and then stuff it into this micro bun and fix it up with one of 10 toppings.
All weekend Nate kept saying, just think of how much fun we had Friday night. If I was stressed, or tired, or grumpy, or fill in the blank, he just kept reminding me of how much fun we had Friday night, which I thought was pretty cute....very true...and very cute.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT???? Are you sure those weren't lentilbasedwalnut stuffed mini dogs??? Sounds like a blast! So, if I read between the lines, Nate was the master golfer???

Dad

Anonymous said...

Good thing Nate was golfing and not baiting a hook.
Uncle Todd

Nate Hanson said...

I wouldn't say master golfer... The Paul Bunyan hole really screwed up my score. But it was fun, and I got two tiki drinks one from me and one that I hijacked from the wife. She didn't complain

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO NATE...MEN ARE ALWAYS BETTER AT HITTING THE HOLE...DID I JUST SAY THAT???..THE STUFFED DOGS SOUNDED INTERESTING..GLAD YOU GUYS ARE HITTING ALL THE 'HIGH CULTURED EVENTS' THE CITIES HAVE TO OFFER..TOF