Monday, July 28, 2008

Top of the Morning

After almost 12 hours of sleep, I am a new woman! I'm not sure how I was able to stay up all night when I was younger, but let me tell you those days are definitely behind me. I was like a walking zombie at about 1PM Dublin time yesterday.

So now that I am completely refreshed, and Nate is leaving to go pick up the rental car, let me tell you a few quick stories (still without picture....i.e. still without luggage).

Due to my zombie-like state, we tried checking into the hotel early...around noon. The guy told us that our room wouldn't be ready until 2, so we checked our luggage. We asked the guy at the counter where the restrooms were and he looked so unbelievably confused, and points to the lobby area and says, "well you could rest here I guess since your rooms are ready." Then we tried bathroom, still no luck. So finally, Nate gave "toilets" a try, and SUCCESS! we had bathrooms people.

So we walked around for about 2 hours, although it was more like Nate leading me around, and making sure I didn't get run over because I was pretty much falling asleep standing up.

We came back to the hotel and I told Nate to only let me sleep for 1.5 hours. He fell asleep too, and miraculously we both woke up after about 2 hours. We rushed to get ready, and headed to all the top sights at Dublin. Ironically we were about a half hour late for everything..Book of Kells, Trinity Church, delicious pastry shop called Queen of Tarts, etc. But while we didn't get to check out all the attractions, we did walk around a ton and got to see lots of beautiful churches and took in the scene at the Temple Bar area.

Well, today is the big test. Nate gets behind the wheel in a "wheel on the right, drive on the left" road situation. YIKES! Good thing we are operating on a full nights sleep before we get behind the wheel. I can't imagine doing that yesterday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you made it safely Nate and Greta!!! Have a ton of fun!!

Dad

Sarah Stroik said...

Why didn't you contact me? I live here, you could've stayed with me for free. Will you be back in Dublin?

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, Can't wait for the next post! How is the travel going? Hopefully the rental and both on you are in fine shape. I will be thinking of all of you tomorrow. Extend our Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Patrick Joyce.
Love, Mom
p.s. Finn is walking more. Nick and I took him to the Westby pool Wed. Weather and water were perfect