Monday, November 19, 2012

One Night a Week

I can't even begin to explain how excited I am for Nate to be done with school. I know he is quite excited as well, as he is over saying "see you tomorrow" to Tillie two mornings a week, seeing her for only a few hours during the work week, and having to put together homework/papers/group projects during naptime.

And I, too, and also very excited to have my husband back fulltime.

Except for one small thing.

My one-night-a-week guilty pleasure dinner. No cooking. No prep. No muss. No fuss.

We cook a lot and we really enjoy it. And I wouldn't change it for anything. But I do love that one night a week I can have a non-dinner dinner.

Chicken Nuggets and a pan full of kale chips.
Cereal and fruit
Cereal and toast
Tilapia filet with side salad

Or in tonight's case: beef jerky, an apple and a red pepper.

No seriously, that is what I ate for dinner. And it was awesome. Don't judge.

1 comment:

Sina Teskey, RD, LD said...

I am so excited for you both. I know how much it sucks to have a spouse in school. I think you should continue a one night a week no plans dinner. I bet Nate would love the random food too and it means more quality time for the three of you!