It's peach season, people! So last week's menu was rich with peaches.
Our favorite peach recipe that we tried was: Bacon, Peach and Arugula Sandwiches. We picked this up from the July/August edition of Food Network. What you can't tell from the picture is that it has an amazing homemade basil spread.
We paired it with a quinoa, radish, goat cheese and bean sprout side salad. Mmm. Mmm.
Nate, who loves him some BLT, said that he things this could be his new go-to sandwich over a BLT.
Here is the recipe..and as a double bonus it is oh-so-easy.
8 slices thick-cut bacon
1/4 cup packed fresh basil
2 Tbsp EVOO
1 tsp. fresh lemon or lime juice
3 Tbsp. mayo (we used the Olive Oil mayo)
2 peaches, halved, pitted and thinly sliced
Arugula, for topping
1. Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat (or which ever method you prefer. We are bake the bacon in the oven sort of family).
2) Pulse basil, EVOO, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon water, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste in a mini food processor until smooth. Add the mayo and pulse until just combined.
3) Toast the bread and spread evenly with the basil mayo. Divide peaches, bacon and arugula among the bread. Make into sandwiches and ENJOY.
We also tried a new pork tenderloin recipe (which was just okay) but it was paired with an amazing charred corn slaw, which is a must make. We had a fresh head of cabbage from our crop share, and I always love using up my crop share goods.
Here is the recipe:
2 ears corn, shucked
1 14-ounce bag shredded coleslaw mix (or you can just use fresh cabbage and prep yourself like we did)
1 Tbspn white vinegar
2 Tbspn cilantrol (but we adore cilantro in this house so I think we put about a 1/4 cup in).
2 Tbspn lime juice
1) Put the corn on the grill and cook, turning, until slightly charred (about 10 minutes). Let cool slightly then cut the kernels off the cob.
2) Toss with cabbage, vinegar, cilantro, lime juice and a dash of EVOO with salt and paper to taste.
Viola. Super fresh summer side. Apologize for the lack of pics. We took one but I can't find where it got saved to...apparently our photos are going rogue.