Monday, July 2, 2012

Classic Summer Days

 When the summer days get hot, you gotta find a way to cool off. Combine that with the cousins being together and that could only mean one thing: break-out the sprinkler.



Matilda continues her obsession with animals. You always know when there is a dog or cat nearby. She makes a very distinctive sound. I am pretty sure she thinks she is speaking to them in their language.


Finn and Matilda are so darn cute together. Finn loves to give lots of kisses and snuggles to Matilda. And Matilda is always willing to give up some quick giggles for Finn.


And when the kids have to come inside because it's time to get ready for dinner, they still just hang out and look longingly outside at teh sunshine.


I feel myself getting older this summer. The heat feels oppressive. Perhaps it's not age, but I am just getting weak in my air-conditioned office life. I think I just cracked the code of why everyone always complains about the weather in my office. We are all used to the GMI temperature control, so no matter what....any weather outside will elicit complaints.

Anyway, stay cool out there. Drink lots of water, and if all else fails, break out the sprinkler.

2 comments:

Debra Fiterman said...

Looks like a Matilda and Daisy date are in order :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th of July! It was a great time together. Leo was Sooooo tired out that he took close to a 3 hr. nap this afternoon. Stay cool in MN. Love, Mom