Sunday, August 7, 2011

Super Grandma

The last 7 weeks have not been easy. I wish I could write about how much Matilda and I are on the go, and how we take family naps in the middle of the day, and cuddle while she sleeps so peacefully. But Matilda is a 'spirited child' and has definitely given me a run for my money.

Don't get me wrong. I still get to enjoy snuggles and cuddles. And am loving her smiles, coos, and personality. But the point is, I have had some difficult days.

And luckily, I am blessed to have a Mom that is 'Super Grandma' and has come to the rescue a number of times. It feels like every time she comes up there is a different 'need'. From just general recuperation after having Matilda, to providing an extra pair of hands to help cook/clean/swaddle/cuddle/etc. And this weekend Super Grandma even managed to get Nate and I out of the house on our first date (where we went to a movie), and our first run post Matilda.

Nate and I are so appreciative of all of her help, love and support, and we couldn't have gotten through the last few months without her.

I swear I need to make her a cape--she could wear it whenever she comes up. I don't have a picture of Super Grandma, but here is a recent pic of Matilda!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Greta. It was/is my pleasure to be able to help and spend time with all of you. Maybe I can join you for Halloween wearing my cape. Love, Mom/Grandma

Anonymous said...

Does Super Grandma have a side kick like River Guide Boy whos super powers is slaying muskies?
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to introduce Tillie to Deerfoot....maybe even some boat time!!!!!

see you guys in a few days!!!

dad