Friday, June 17, 2011

Magazine Cuisine: Episode 13

What do you do when you are waiting for a baby to arrive? You bake. Well, that an organize stuff. Drawers. Closets. Shelves.

But you also bake. Which is why this recipe from Food Magazine for Salted Nut Bars was perfect. Why was it perfect?

1) I didn't have to turn the oven on and get the house warm. Yes, I realize this isn't technically baking then but I'm fine with it.

2) It had the perfect blend of salty and sweet. I am pretty indecisive these days on which of those flavor profiles I am wanting. Viola! A treat that delivers both.

3) This literally is like 3 ingrediants and took 10 minutes.

4) It reminded me of my Grandma Sherry who always had Pearson Salted Nut Rolls.

Overall, it was good. Pretty chewy. Would not recommend to someone who suffers from lockjaw or has a loose tooth. But other than that. This was a winner for me!

No comments: