Saturday, June 4, 2011

Magazine Cuisine: Episode 11

When you buy bulk avocado's at Costco, sometimes it can be hard to actually use them all up before they go bad. I have gotten in to the habit to take one to work with some tomatoes and make myself a little salad for lunch, but that tends to get old after a while.

So, with almost a full package of avocados that were all ripe at the same time, it was the perfect time to try out a recipe I had been holding onto for a while: Strawberry Avocado Salsa.

For the recipe: click here.

I was surprised at how well the flavors went together and it was a really nice take on the typical guacamole. I wouldn't recommend it without in-season berries as the ripeness and freshness of the berries played a big role in this being so delicous (in my opinion).

Definitely worth trying for any of you avocado lovers out there!

No comments: