Friday, October 8, 2010

Thriller

It was time for my October Secret Date last night, and Nate was a VERY good sport as I took him to a dance class to learn the Thriller dance.

Remember this:

We walked into this community center and literally it smelled like elementary school. You know the smell.
Probably because it was an old elementary school, I have no idea. The point is I was having flashbacks for gym class with Ms. Hornby playing sideline soccer as we entered this teeny tiny little gym to join the dance class.

And oh was it a motley crew. From a group of women that looked like they came straight from the Curves workout, to a uber urban band looking to learn the dance for upcoming performances, to this group of European women that I am pretty sure did not know much language it was a group worth video-taping.

But alas...there is no videotape. Honestly, I was a little scared of the instructor so I wussed out to whip out my phone. The instructor was....high energy. And speaking of high energy, she literally had the HIGHEST voice I have ever heard. But I give her mad props for teaching us all---at VERY different levels--to do this thing.

ALthough, I'm not sure repeating the 32 counts of zombie walking about--oh--350 times was really necessary.  But let's just say we now have seriously rockin zombie moves.

So be on the look-out--if you are 
a) ever around us at a dance
b) they play thriller
c) we are together

then we will completely blow your mind.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.....Gives Dad a bad Flashback when your mother signed me up for disco lessons....Jeesh.....

Enjoy the great weather!!!

dad

Debra Fiterman said...

I am adding it to the wedding play list. This is hilarious.

Anonymous said...

YO....CONGRATS TO NATE ON THE RUN!!!!AND I'D LOVE TO SEE THE VIDEO OF THE DANCE BUT...BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING AT THIS END AND CURTAILS SOME OF YOUR POSTS!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...BUT I BET IT WAS A AS GOOD AS YOUR DANCE AT YOUR WEDDING....ANOTHER THING TO REMEMBER FOR YOUR 50TH ANNV....TAKE CARE...TOF

meghan said...

i'm requesting this at Paul's wedding.

emily said...

oh, i can't wait for you to be here for halloween. adding thriller to my itunes playlist right. now.