Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Cooking Light: Episode 15 and 16!

It was a double-header at the Hanson house last night as we decided to do a Mexican Fiesta for our game night with Alex and Debra. I'm not sure what possessed us to try 4--count them FOUR--new recipes on a WORK NIGHT, but we did...and I think the overall result was quite tasty!

A key part of our recipe plan was to use as many vegetables as possible as the thought of wasting vegetables from our garden wracks me with guilt. So we did Mexican Grilled Vegetables. Peppers, zucchini, summer squash, asparagus and as a SPECIAL treat for Nate (who got a promotion!!!) and Debra (because well...because she's the guest) we added mushrooms and onions (two rareties in the hanson household).

Besides the queso cheese, and special vinegratte I'm not sure how 'mexican' this really was but it tasted good with the rest of the meal....

Now, the dessert did not exactly fit into the theme of the night, but I had blueberries and peaches are in season...and from that you get "Blueberry and Peach Cobbler"
Was it the most delicious cobbler I've ever had? No.

But it was Cooking Light.
Which means less calories.

So I am sure it would be like Diet Coke, or Baked Cheetos. At first, you do not really like the 'light' version, but then it grows on you and you don't miss the regular at all...I think it would be the same with this recipe..assuming I make cobbler all of the time which I don't. Even though I bet Nate would be up for it.

1 comment:

Becca said...

That first thing looks tasty!
My dinner consisted of peanut butter toast. strawberries. angel food cake that had strawberries in it. ahhhh the diet of a 9 month pregnant woman :)