Thursday, December 10, 2009

Weakling

It got me.

After months of willing, swearing and voo-dooing it away, I was beat by the flu. It came on so quickly, I didn't even have a chance to try to fend it off with my serious witch powers.

The lowest point was last night when I was missing my top 10 favorite things of the year (December bring-a-friend to book club), on the couch with a 103 degree fever, and practically crawling to the bathroom to retch in the toilet bowl. NATE's toilet bowl. Which he was kind enough to wipe down once he realized I was as sick as I was.

And to rub it my face, Nate was my friend for book club and he still went!! Salt meet wound. But it was better for him to spend as little time as possible in this germ infested house.

I stayed home today. In my dreams sick days involve movies, and popcorn, and cleaning the house. In reality it involves 5 hours of sleeping between 9am and 4pm, trying to suck back one measly bottle of Diet 7-Up, and an extensive search for the best position to rid these back aches.

So instead of a really fun book club post today, you get this. Sniff.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Gert!!! Mom said she tried calling you and Nate last night but couldn't ring anyone up!! Hopefully this will be a quick turn around back to feeling well.

dad

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Honey, Hope you are feeling much better today. Drink lots of fluid and rest up! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I suspect morning sickness :)
Uncle Todd

Greta Hanson said...

Now Todd...don't go getting my Mom's hopes up. I am NOT pregnant.Sorry Mom..no Christmas miracles coming from me this year...try your eldest. :)

Anonymous said...

fluids!!!fluids!!!fluids!!!!!!rest!!!!rest!!!!rest!!!!....if that doesn't work..get the gun!!!tof