Wednesday, December 16, 2009

In 24 Hours...

Senioritis has kicked in. And not the kind of senioritis that says: "Oh just don't read the case for class..."

Nope. This is serious. It is the kind that nags at you and says "You can TOTALLY write your entire final paper the day before it is due, even if you have to work on that day."

So, I've been listening to this voice. And last night before I went to bed, I had the slow, sinking feeling of tomorrow is the day I HAVE to, without excuse write this awful paper for school.

But here is the thing. I have been actively trying to dial it back this semester. I am not getting reimbursed from General Mills so there is no grade requirement, I really didn't care about 2 of my classes (they were requirements), and no one looks at your GPA when you graduate from Business School, and since my GPA is already good, I can totally slack this semester.

And in my mind, I have 'really let myself' go. I haven't done all the reading, I wasn't the greatest group member in any of my groups, I skipped class (gasp!), I left class early, the list goes on. But somehow, I have received A's in my first two classes of the semester.

So really what I have learned this semester is not about Ethics, or Operations or International Marketing, but rather if I try less hard, I do the same or better. So imagine my confusion over how hard to try on the one, last, paper for school.

Here it is 6AM, the morning before the paper is due, and I am rolling up my sleeves to try to get it done before 8AM. Probably not going to happen because...well, here I sit blogging instead of writing.

No matter what, I will turn some flaming peice of crap in tomorrow and my semester will be over. And then the final semester awaits!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great twist on the irony! Way too funny! definition: ETHICS (used with a sing. verb) The study of the general nature of morals and of the specific moral choices to be made by a person; moral philosophy.
Ahhh, the voices in your head debating this oxymoron. Thanks for the chuckles!!!
Uncle Todd

Emily said...

You know I find the same thing as you. The less I try,the less....well nothing! I get A's and B's and maintain at least a 3.6, and since I started high schhol and moved on to college, I have been stressed out over something a grand total of ZERO TIMES. It's a genius method and I'm glad we are both using it.

Love E. Ekern
(Magna Cum Laude, Fort Zumwalt West High School...Class of 2008)

Anonymous said...

Hey Greta, you are on your dad's college program...!!! I had a Psych class I only went once to, for the final. I read my at that time girlfriends notes, I got an A, she got a C....made for a cool date night....!!

Dad