Sunday, November 22, 2009

Open for Business

Nate and I headed to Chicago this weekend to surprise Becca at her Grand Opening of the Open Books bookstore. I don't want to usurp any of her stories before she posts to her blog, but what I will say is that I was incredibly impressed, proud, and excited for her.


The store was filled with energy, brilliantly laid out and designed, and stocked to the brim with books. I know with her continued labor of love the store will be a sure-fire success and help so many people in the community with literacy programming.

I was SUPER excited to see they had almost the FULL volume of Babysitter-'s Club books, including BSC  Super Special Series and the BSC Mystery series. I used the absolutely DEVOUR those books growing up. I remember going to B. Dalton in the mall and Mom saying "just 2..." and being half-way through one of the books after the trip back from La Crosse.



It was an extra special treat to be in Chicago this weekend because not only was Becca's store opening, but Amy and Emily met us at the store. I haven't seen Amy since June, which is way too long in Greta/Amy time so it was amazing to get to catch up with her!


Then we headed to Michigan Avenue for the annual Christmas lighting festival!This was much needed because I am just not feeling super 'holiday spirited' yet this year.



I am so proud of Becca for her amazing accomplishment. The bookstore is incredible, and if any of you are ever in the Chicago area, it is a MUST see.....check out their website here.


4 comments:

emily said...

wish i could have been there to see you and nate. so glad you made the (long) trek for becca. was she super surprised?? xoxo

Anonymous said...

Nice surprise trip. Did the store have the Hardy Boy section???
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

Its great to see all of Rebecca's hard work come together so magnificently!!! I'm sure she was surprised to see you!! See you guys Wednesday night...and don't forgot about the great gala event, the Twinkle Parade Friday night!!!

dad

Becca said...

YAY!
THEY DID surprise me Emily.
It was certainly a highlight of the weekend.

So glad you were able to make it! Thank you for driving SO far to be a part of it.

What a weekend. Love you both so much.
See you again soon! YAY!